Parent University: Montessori at Home
Time & Location
About The Event
Montessori is a teaching method that goes way beyond academics. It is a way of approaching children differently and is something you can totally practice at home, regardless of the type of school your child attends.
Come join our Montessori teachers to learn real-life strategies that you can try today.:
1. Strategies to include your child in daily activities.
2. How to effectively use "time-in" instead of "time-out."
3. Understanding freedom of movement - creating time and space for children to use their bodies
4. How to tell children what's going to happen next - with regular communication for activities, "I'm going to pick you up and bring you to the changing area for a fresh diaper" or with discipline, "I'm going to hold your hand until you can be safe on the playground."
5. Learn to "Do with—not for—your child ." Learn about independence and Montessori
6. See how Montessori teachers model grace and courtesy, or manners, both in the classroom and at home.
7. Learn to encourage discovery - In a Montessori classroom, the teacher's role is to facilitate the child making discoveries for themselves, rather than directly teaching them facts.
8. Understand why to provide real tools (knives, hammers, sewing machines) and teach them how to use them.